Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Stats

I just looked at my blog stats for the year.  I have a few regular readers.  I have maybe six regular readers.  Every once in a while I get a blip from two flat head Neomorphs in the Ukraine trying to snark my machine.  I think they are women because I just think they are.  My niece tells me she gets on to the site every so often and catches up on a whole bunch of them.  I had someone from Iceland reading it for two days straight.  Their computer must have been broken.

Statistics could be exciting if it were not for all the numbers and math.  Pie charts are my favorite statistical tool.  It makes it simple to like pie and charts.  I hate spreadsheets.  Spreadsheets remind me of little people with even smaller wankers who drive big cars.  Spreadsheets have all those obvious numbers that are meaningless without graphs and standard deviations.  My stats look impressive if I blow them up big enough and compare them to KFed's record sales. 

Statistics are everything in baseball.  They try to invent statistics for NASCAR and the NFL.  Does anyone really care about completion percentage or yards per carry?  A repetitive "NO" is required.  Do lap times mean squat in practice runs around an oval.  No.  Most sports including baseball have a shifting baseline.  (One of my favorite web sites)   The 162 game season or in football, the 14 game season all mean something to stat mongers.  NASCAR changes statistics weekly to try to make running around in circles interesting.  Wrecks, fights and groupies make things interesting, not numbers.  Baseball is considered a unique sport because of the statistics.  It is a sport for Eunuchs maybe, if you add in all the new stats. 

My blog has had 2000 visits in a year.  That is about the same as the number of times I went to the bathroom in a year so you see how statistics work.

No comments:

Post a Comment