Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Continuing saga of Fingerblister's employment

I received an email congratulating me and extending an offer for employment of the position with which I am currently working but through a temporary employment service.  Little Brother Inc. is trying to make it a full time corporate position.  Now, Little Brother Inc. is most likely not trying to trash can me because all they have to do is tell the temp. agency to give me the Big Bone and I would be gone.  They have not done that. In fact, they really want me to have the position but the dog and pony show must go on.   Following is the response to their offer.  (Keep in mind, I am going to accept it regardless of how they answer my letter)

Miss Clapsaddle,

I have several questions that I need answers or explanations to before accepting this position.  

I previously worked for Little Brother Inc. at the Center for Train Riding Excellence from Feb-1980 until sometime in 1984.  I need this to show as years of active services with Little Brother Inc. and how does that process work.

In the Little Brother Inc. Ethics Policy it states:

I understand Little Brother Inc.'s commitment to conduct its business fairly, impartially, in an ethical and proper manner, and in full compliance with all laws and regulations, and that the highest standards of ethical business conduct are required of Little Brother Inc. employees in the conduct of their company responsibilities. 

Also, I would like some explanation of why you are extending an offer at the low end of the classification pay scale when I have more than twenty years (30 years total) of direct experience in this field, more than half of those years as a Lead or Senior Analyst.  I realize that a person may not get the salary that he wants.
My resume has demonstrated the highest qualifications for this position and an explanation that will demonstrate the highest standards of ethical business conduct (that I am currently held to as a partner and will be held to as a Little Brother Inc. employee) is required.

Thank you,

And so it goes.    

No comments:

Post a Comment