Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Science: The Human Biom project part II

Most important.


To my surprise, I opened this post to complete the final editing before publishing to the blog and I had not written it yet.  I thought this Friday post would be simple and quick.  The mind is a terrier thing to waste.  The link above may not even work anymore. 

The Human Biom project is a loosely organized group of researchers trying to map out the microbial populations of the human body.  I wrote about this a few months ago.  I am so excited about the remarkable developments in medicine and personal health that will come from this research.  There have been several turning points in human development over the last ten thousand year.  There was the Clovis Point (that is not a surfing movie) giving the hunter gatherer a better life.  There was the Wheel which made it easier for a man to take all his crap with him when he got kicked out of the cave for doinking the neanderthal in the next valley.

Cave woman:  You and that ape bitch getting smelly in my cave, Oh no you Pteradon brained monkey f*^&ker.   Get out and roll your shite with you.

Cave man:  "Oh yeh", and what about you and the red faced Simian I saw you with at the weekly kill?

Cave woman:  Go gnaw on a rock.  His name is Mulk and he makes noises on old logs.  He is sensitive and receptive to my needs.

Cave man:  Sensitive?  And I know, he is only receptive during a rut.

The Plague was very instructional in garbage and pest management.  Benjamin Franklin referred to this pestilence when he developed the first garbage collection company.   The Biom project will be one of those markers in human existence. 

Read the article, it is worth it, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment