Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Important stuff

I had a dream the other day that I was someone that all of a sudden was of interest to everyone, especially big companies and governments.  They are wanted me on their team.  I was important. 

Father's day is coming up and I was thinking about if I was a good father, important to my kids.  It is a guess of course but I think so.  Over the years my kids have given me gifts that they thought was the best present a dad could have.  Most of them I did not have or want or need but I could tell, regardless of their ages, these were gifts that they thought were perfect for me.  I would open the gifts and I just knew that my kids loved me more than I loved them, if that was possible. 

My youngest writes me these cards and they say things like "I love you verry mutch"!
That is a whole lot better than "I love you".  He added that little extra effort to spell word he did not know how to spell.  I like that.  I remember giving my parents cards and I loved them a bunch but I did not feel I had to tell them though I wished I could have given them so much more.  I do remember that.    The fact that all my kids seem to try to give me a laugh or call me once in a while means so much more than anything I can think of.   It is important that I remain their father and hold up my end of the bargain for them being born, to guide them to a full and joyous life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment