Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Constitution: Eleventh Amendment

The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State.


Nit picky lawyer stuff.  I cannot figure it out even though Wikipedia explains it.

I have a feeling that the rest of the amendments will go that way.  I am boring of this quickly.  No, that is not accurate, I am becoming frustrated with this peculiar institution.  I am fighting every instinct I have to not abandon this idea of reviewing the Constitution and its amandaments.  I want to complete something for no other reason than to complete it.  I did not think the process of reviewing one of the world's great document would piss me off so much.  Even though the founding father's english is plain english, I can barely understand it.  I trust almost nothing in print so any treaties on the subject is subject to conjecture.  I want an easy way. 

I will finish this, my treaties on the Constitution and I will stop whining.

No comments:

Post a Comment