Monday, August 15, 2011

Clouds and the internet fog

Whenever you see an article about the benefits of the Internet and your wonderful life connected to it, you will hear the gong "cloud computing".  It is a sham.  It means you will not longer own your software or your storage space or your computer processing.  You will still pay for it though. 

You see, to make the Internet work efficiently which actually is a sneaky word for profitably, they need to make some changes in the way we use it.  Currently, we access it like a drawer, we get information out of it, look at it and close the drawer.  We pick something, look it over, if we want it, we buy it.  It may be information that seems free but we have to view those annoying pop ups or we have to watch a 15 second commercial before we see the YouTube video.  There are things that seem completely free like email.  I think it is possibly free but that will not last too much longer.  I am old enough to remember when TV was "free" except for commercials.  I remember people saying, "I will never pay to watch TV".  Now, only thirty years later many people never see what is left of free TV.  I do, I am cheap but Big Brother will close that loophole soon. 

Just like cable TV as I call it, needs different gadgets like DVR and tuners and modems and contracts, the Internet is heading the same way.  Gadgets will be required and then and only then will you be gifted for a fee to "Cloud Access."  There is very little technical difference between a cloud and fog.   One looks all dreamy and soft and floats like heaven's gift up above us.  Fog makes our lives miserable and wet.  It keeps us lost and moving slow.  What happens when the fog gets thick?  Agents Of the People in Charge, the Po Po's block off the roads and warn  us of the fog.  An hour ago it was a cloud sent from heaven.  I have a database somewhere in the cloud.  I think it is with my mortgage lender.  It is out there somewhere.  I asked the mortgage company to show me a copy of my mortgage agreement with my signature.  They have yet to provide a copy of it.  The system is clouded by fog. 

I am not sure where the Internet, phones and clouds will end up but they will be pointing at my butt hole.  That is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment