Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Constitution - Second Amendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
This seems so simple.
We have the right to keep and bear arms. 
Does that mean gun manufacturers can make all the quantities and types of guns they want and distribute them to radical groups foreign and domestic?  Do we not have the right to know they are doing this? 
Does that mean that if I want to know what kind of gun my neighbor has, his rights to keep and bear them will be infringed upon if he is required to tell me?  Because why should I buy an assault rifle with a scope if I can just borrow my neighbors?  Or if we are attacked, would it not be better that he have an assault rifle and I have a grenade launcher to more effectively defend against the evil doers who most assuredly have both.
Does that also mean we do not have the right to know exactly where the gun came from, how the ass-hole got it and when the gun came into the possession of  the lunatic that killed my dad when he stopped for gas at the kwik mart?
I do not want anyone to infringe on my right to keep and bear arms or drive a car or instruct little children with tight shorts on or dump used oil on my plants or never give my dog or myself a bath.  I also do not want my right to be an irresponsible, paranoid butt picking moron infringing on others rights to be infringed upon.  But maybe I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment