Friday, March 15, 2019

With a Little Help from My Freinds

This is a song by the English rock band the Beatles (def.  ones who have beat) from their 1967 album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

The song I heard in my head was the Joe Cocker version originally done at Woodstock in 1968.  The version I listened to had Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) on the guitar solo.   After recording the song, Cocker and record producer Denny Cordell brought it to Paul McCartney, who later said of the recording, "it was just mind blowing, totally turned the song into a soul anthem and I was forever grateful for him for doing that."  I know I have heard many music guys and gals say they were much more satisfied as a song writer than as a performer.  That is a paraphrase as a matter of course because just about anyone could say it more succinctly than I did. 

I have said several times in my life that I am amazed when people take an idea, turn it around, inside out and present it in a completely different way, sometimes better than the oringinal version of the idea. 

That cleared it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment