Monday, March 4, 2019

Dance the Night Away

I am completely embarrassed to even mention this song but my blog's current mission and directive is to report what song is playing in my head when I first wake up in the morning.  Morning happened to be a 3:30 am when I woke up with this song glaring in my head.  I think it woke me up.  It is like my foil hat fell off and the asimulators got through my secondary bio-force-field. 

I think I hate this song actually.  Along with the Grateful Dead thing and the  Springsteen thing, I never really understood the Van Halen stardom thing.  ( except for Valerie Bertinelli) It just was never that big of a deal to me.  I am not judging because now we have a whole  bunch of "entertainers" claiming to be legends and they are merely hacks making a crap load of money.  Maybe it is just me but I have never seen such a wide disparity between income and talent. 

All I really know is that I cannot get the song out of my head and after another few hours I will go mad.  I will have to watch three Let it Be videos, one "Don't Let Me Down and two Nights in White Satin videos to purge the evilness out of my soul.

Shit, I just googled "Don't let me down" and the first search result was not referencing the Beatles. Don McLean said it would happen, It has come, the day the music died.  See what happens when a virus get into my head.  I need to find a monoclonal antibody for virulent songs.  I will take Lynyrd Skynyrd shooters and James Taylor rubs to help with the symptomology.  Maybe I will try "Mickey by Toni basil, that may do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment