Wednesday, March 13, 2019

"Two Out of Three Ain't Bad"

 is a power ballad[1] performed by the American musician Meat Loaf. It is a track off his 1977 album Bat Out of Hell, written by Jim Steinman.  The Japanese release changes the title of the song to use a percentage, translating it as "66% is good enough".  I find translating of things one of the most interesting aspects of human existence. 

Meat Loaf is quite a story in himself.  Jim Steinman is like the man who releases the hounds in Cool Hand Luke.  What I mean by that is, well, I am not sure what I mean but those two were a great team that sold gobs of records.    Yesterday I had a psychological training day and it is still effecting my brain. Music was not part of it.  I did not have any new songs in my head this morning.  This post was from Friday's morning and I the weekend is a blur. 

I have listened to several Meat Loaf songs over the those days and his voice and the arrangements are so entertaining.  I guess that is the point.

I think.....

No comments:

Post a Comment