Monday, March 25, 2019

"The Power of Love"

This is a 1985 single by Huey Lewis and the News, written for and featured in the 1985 blockbuster film Back to the Future. It gave the band their first number-one hit on the U.S charts.

I do not have anything good to say about this song or Huey Lewis and the News.  Well, the name of the band is not too band, not creative but a nice ringing in your ear kind of name.  Even though I just made that negative statement, I have found myself very interested in the band and their songs.  It is a sickness.  I would compare them to the band "Chicago" getting stuck in a cotton candy machine and still producing songs, sticky, gooey songs.  When I catch myself singing these songs I feel like a mosquito getting stuck in tree sap.

I think it has something to do with Huey's hair.  I have the same feeling about "Loverboy's"  or McEnroe's headband.  The reason I am blogging in the first place is to get songs and feelings out of my head so I can more easily deal with the shit show of a life in the desolation that is the United States of America.  It is not working lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment