Friday, March 8, 2019

Papa Gene's Blues

I found it, and I am ashamed.  I did not remember that it was the Monkees who performed it.   Peter Tork died the other day and I thought of him and Davey Jones having passed. 
"I have no more than I did before
But now I've got all that I need
For I love you and I know you love me"   

Songwriters: Michael Nesmith
Classic Nesbit.  I saw the Monkees in concert a while back and Mickey always made a point of telling which songs Mike wrote.  They did a string of them and his music is very intricate but the songs are so skillfully arranged and presented that they seem quite innocent and simple.  In fact, they all were quite musical contrary to the rumors.

My daughter was a big fan and we listened to them in the New Smyrna band shell thingy.  There were these really attractive 45 year old babes in front of us.  I was watching them and their movements exclusively and listening to the music.  It was great.

Like most things New, Smyrna, York, Hampshire, England, Rochelle, Brunswick, Hebrides, etc, there must be an old smyrna, york, etc, and there is.   Was it always called New York, or was it called York and people kept getting confused as to which York they were talking about.  " What do you mean shipping costs will be $37 thousand dollars?, no, no  new York, not the old York."  There is a road called Old Cheney Highway so I suppose there was another Cheney Highway and possibly there is a New Cheney Highway.  Maybe after a road is around a while it gets the tag, Old, like a bridge or something.  Then there is New South Wales in Australia which opens up a whole roomful of nonsense reasonings.  Is that to be confused with Old North Wales, not in Australia.  I check Wales, a country in the United Kingdon and there is a desgnation of a North Wales but no South Wales even though luckily there is a north part and a south part.  But what neuroid thought it was necessary to designate a "new"  and "south" Wales in Australia?

Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment