Monday, February 25, 2019

Talking in Your Sleep

This is a chart-topping hit song by Detroit rock band The Romantics. It was a number three U.S. hit in early 1984 and became a UK hit in August that year for British band Bucks Fizz.  I would have thought that The Romantics were a glam rock band out of London not Detroit but whatever.  This song received huge play in the 80s because of its querky mind melting beat and hook and MTV video play.  Fuzzy half naked women always play well, still do.  

I do not really like the song although it made a  bunch of money for the group and the music industry so at some level it was a good song.  It is a hard song to get out of people's head which is now equated with "plays" in the music sites and that is how it is monetized.  The screwdriver in the ear thing does not really work anymore and since healthcare is bullshit now days, neither care nor health is achieved significantly.   Proactive interference will wipe it out soon enough anyway. 

I like to say my mind (memory, brain) is like a steel trap, everything that goes in is there for eternity.  It just has a broken retrieval system.  People that have eidetic memory do not have more in the storage system, they just have a better retrieval system.  I think they file it differently in the first place.  I have developed some databases in my day and how you set them up and store the data well always effect the retrieval of the information later.  Lets throw half-heimers into the formula.   I would never make like of dementia of any kind because it is like "a hitler joke".  There is nothing funny about Hitler.  Climbing out of the rabbit hole.

I do not file things the same and I do not recall things the same as I used to, I do not think so anyway.  I do know that I am approaching circular logic and if I stay with this long enough, it will not make sense to anyone, even me.  My brain is filtering about ninety four percent of all information and shunting most of it to the short term trash heap. 

Back on topic, It surprises me that the group name, "Romantics" was never taken before 1977.  I noticed that the official name is "The Romantics" and this gave me a clue that somewhere there was possibly a copyright on "romantics".  There was a group called Ruby and the Romantics from Akron Ohio, yep she is a Zip.  Ruby Nash, the female lead of the group, originally sang with a group, consisting of her sister and three friends.  Ruby attended Central High School in Akron. Some of the male members of the Romantics sang with The Embers. Eventually, The Embers became known as The Supremes[citation needed] (not to be confused with The Supremes of Motown Records fame),[5] and then The Feilos.  This is a prime example of the music industry and how it displays its evilness.  I thought I was back on topic and I am if you go back to the purpose of "Remediation-Basket" which is my mental health.

all information that I did not know and I reference here was from Wikipedia as usual and I cut and pasted for accuracy


No comments:

Post a Comment