Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Burnin For You

"Burnin' for You" is a hit song by American hard rock band Blue Öyster Cult, from the band's Platinum Fire of Unknown Origin album, released in July 1981.  While reading up on this song I was once again reminded I really know very little about anything.  The band's songs are still very popular and some of their videos were played near constantly on the "new MTV" back in the day.

I think I know stuff about bands and songs and I really don't. It is strange how the brain takes random bits of information and constructs a logical scenario.  I have discovered I know very little about a whole library full of things.  I would have guessed this band was mid-western, from Normal, Kansas or somewhere like that.  Nope, Long Island, NY.  WTF?  I think that as most people I form early opinions on things, all things and then hope through the process of investigation and learning that I reshape and validate the original impression.  Apparently, I am bad at that process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment