Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Night Moves

"Night Moves" is a song by the American singer-songwriter Bob Seger. It was the lead single from his ninth studio album, Night Moves (1976)

Well I actually "woke last night to the sound of thunder" and I was hearing this song in my head.  It is really a good song.  The storm outside was blowing hard and had lots of loud cracks and bright flashes.  It was 3:30 in the morning.   I had been asleep in the torture chamber for almost six hours so I was awake and most likely going to stay that way.  I call it the torture chamber because if I do not get any real exercise, I will not get a "good night's sleep".  I spend a great deal of sleep time just rolling around thinking about sleep. 

I wonder why someone like Bob Seger would not fix his teeth.  I know he has the money to have all golden diamond crusted teeth.  I have bad looking teeth but I am not wealthy and do not have insurance that will cover shit like that.  So maybe he has had it with dentists or people in general.  Maybe he just wants to figure out how to go to the store without hearing "Bob, hum me a song from 1962".  I heard and interview with some country singer who I had never heard of, while I was out looking for scallops and I guess he had 1 hit song and he said, "I wrote this song and I knew it was good, real good and I just had to figure if I even liked it because it was so good I would be singing it for the next twenty years so I better like it."   NO scallops again.  I am sure Bob had to sing it one hundred thousand times and think about 1962 so he does not want to think about it when he is buying some smokes and brewskies. 

, "Night Moves"

No comments:

Post a Comment