Monday, February 25, 2019

Academy Awards

Hmmm.
I have only seen a few movies this year!

"Black panther". I only watched about 15 minutes of this one, lots o flashy stuff but I did not see Mogli in there at all and it was too loud.

"Trip to Mogador". This was a independent film that dealt with a kid’s challenge to prove he was Hank Williams’s great grandson.  The main problem in this film was the casting of Vin Debonna as the ghost of Hank Williams. 

"Driving Miss Daisy’s Car". This is a tender love triangle about two boys who steal a old lady’s car and drive cross country to a math convention.  There is one scene where they are trying to figure out how to use a protractor, it is priceless.  Ray Crock Jr is in this one.

My top honor goes to “Gigo gets Trolled” which is about a Mongolian throat singer and anti-vaxer  that gets the Whooping cough and tries to sue a drug store owner for ruining his career!  Tony Shalub is the drug store owner, tears of laughter and sorrows all  around!
 
I do not go to the movies for several reason.  One, I am cheap and you cannot always have a nice, quiet evening.  I have never been a fan of stickiness, I do not like candy and there must be spiders in there somewhere.  I like getting lost in a movie or at least like being able to control the environment and I cannot even though I am paying for it.  Also, eventually I will see it somewhere on the TV or somebody will tell me about it.

There are too many categories, and since this is supposed to be a music blog for a while anyway, the best music in movies is subliminal, for the most part you do not even notice directly.  At least I do not.  It is very important to the movie and the plot.  The introductory music to the "Sound of Music" is somewhat in the background to the scenery and hills, which are alive with the sound of music.  I thought it was some kind of Nordic ghost movie.
 
Can we please take it easy on the red carpet and After-party crap.  The dresses are ugly, the shoes are uglier and most of the walkers end up looking like clowns.  Who tells them they look nicer than a pair of jeans and some comfortable shoes.  I like dress up but accentuate the positive and if you cannot, do not.  I understand the after party thing, its a party with people you hardly know but somewhat admire.  Just pick a nice corner and observe.  
 
That is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment