Thursday, December 15, 2011

If I had a hammer

This is the great old song by Pete Seeger and popularized in my time by Peter Paul and Mary.  I was thinking. What if Lewis Black backed up by Richard Lewis made a recording and video for this song.  With both dressed in black, they would look like the anti-blues brothers.

Lewis Black:  If I had a HAMMER, I would hammer in the MORNING! (shaking finger at the sky)
Richard Lewis:  OK, whatever, the morning is a bad time for me,(holding his head)
Lewis Black:  I would HAMMER in the EVENING, (spit flying everywhere)
Richard Lewis:  What, all over this land, geez, really, ok, whatever. (hanging head low)
Lewis Black:  I would hammer out JUSTICE, I would HAMMER OUT A WARNING! (take a drink of water)
Richard Lewis:  Not so loud, I just went from morning to evening in two seconds,  Just don't start singing about trees. (looking back over his shoulder for who knows what)
Lewis Black:  I would hammer out all the love BETWEEN brothers and Sisters, ALL over this FREAKIN Land. (Takes two steps forward swinging arms)
Richard Lewis:  Not all over the land again, been there already.  Hammer the brothers and the sisters.  Always with the violence.  I told you about the anger, I don't know, you are right! Whatever. (holding hand up over his head, with head hanging low)

Anyway, just a thought. You get the idea.

It is hard to go wrong with good material and yet......

No comments:

Post a Comment