Tuesday, April 2, 2019

"Last Kiss"

This is a song released by Wayne Cochran in 1961 on the Gala label.  It was later done by J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers which is the version I heard and loved.  This song makes tears in my eyes always.  It is the craziest thing but not as crazy as Wayne Cochran, with the Dolly Parton hair and Liberace outfits.  That is what Rock and Roll is all about. 

Pearl Jam had a big hit with it and I don't think I ever heard it.  I like Pearl Jam but since I don't listen to the radio since probably 1999, I have missed a bunch of stuff.  I just do not want to invest the time in listening to 53 shit songs just to hear 1 decent one.  For those keeping score that is about 1 less than awful song .02 percent of the time.  If your average song/introduction/commercial announcement,  even on stations that say they do not waste your time,  that would be in a twenty four hour period, seven(7) song that do not suck each day.  For that to be new songs that could be worth hearing more than once, I am not listening to new music intentionally because it most likely will be a waste of time. 

The song was one of several teen tragedy songs from that period.  The other one I think I have already review, "Billy, Don't be a Hero" but it did not make me cry.  It made me angry,  "War, good God, what is it good for, Absolutely nothing." 

So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment