Friday, April 19, 2019

Run, Run, Run

Written and recorded by Jo Jo Gunne , an American rock band, formed in Los Angeles, California, United States, in 1971 by Jay Ferguson (keyboards, vocals and guitar) and Mark Andes (bass guitar and vocals) after they had left Spirit. The group's name is derived from "Jo Jo Gunne", a Chuck Berry song that peaked at #83 as a single in November 1958.  

There is at least 4 other songs and 1 group with the name of Jo Jo Gunne or something similar.  I love this song.  Even fourty seven years later I love the song.  It was the first song that really kicked my ass.   I was thirteen years old, and the radio in Florida was wearing this song out.  My brother bought the album and we played it continuously when we weren't playing the Beatles, Creedence, and Led Zeppelin.   I have read some reviews of Jo Jo Gunne that compared the sound to southern rock Lynyrd Skynyrd.  It is probably the slyde guitar style.  See what I did with all those  "y's".  I have no idea what the punctuation on this stuff should be since it is poor grammar to start with.

I remember the album cover, the best album cover stereotyping the Rock era.  Young men, long hair, great car and hopefully living large.  It almost makes me cry, still.  It follows Music rule #8, great album cover.

Jo Jo Gunne - Jo Jo Gunne
I still have this album

No comments:

Post a Comment