Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Down Under

Down Under

Ok, so I was getting in the car this morning and this song from  Men At Work "Down Under" popped into my head.  I was concerned again because usually songs start the instant I wake up.

Generally I like this song, it was catchy and a new sound from the Australian invasion of sorts even though there have been some very successful sounds prior to the early 80s.  The BeeGees, Olivia Newton John, the Cowsills, not the Cowsills.  They are too happy anyway.  There was Rescuers Down Under, a tremendously entertaining Disney animated feature and lots of Australia stuff going on.

The Land Down Under as I called it, not to be confused with he Land Before Time, Land of the Lost or Land HO was played six or seven times an hour when it first came out as American capitalism requires.  Paraphrasing Alexander Hamilton, "you must beat the horse long after he has given up to the ghost:."  Even with all that airplay, I still did not know the correct words until I did some research for this blog.


Also, I am going to try to figure out with HTML how to add a little sound bite of the songs.  It is possible I assume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment