Thursday, July 16, 2015

Status on Jeffery

In case you are new to this blog, Jeffery is a pig.  He is four months old and has been living quite happily in my house since we obtained him from a hunter.  What is most interesting about that day was that when I sent the initial photo to my wife she said "I have to have him".  As with most things with my wife, children, couches, husbands and pets soon obtain the title of "dirt generating pains in the ass".  

Jeffery is all pig.  His skin is a magnet for dirt.  He has no discernible figure or body shape aside from a torpedo and he acts like one.  His neck is fatter than his butt.  His nose is this truly remarkably soft dirt modulating jackhammer.  He has the sweetest eyes and squeaks when you scratch him under his arm.   He thinks he is a dog which is sad because my dogs think they are humans so I am not sure what they are teaching him.  He chases the balls when we throw them, he first runs toward a barking dog and then runs away scurrying under the porch and stick his nose out the steps.

The other day, Jeffery and Pumpernik, one of our dogs with a broken leg went adventuring out in the swamp.  They were gone about an hour and I figured one or both of them were eaten by an alligator or a python but Pumpernik came slogging though the ditch covered in mud and dehydrated.  I tried to clean him up before my wife saw him but he darted upstairs to jump on the bed and show mom how much fun he had in the swamp.  Jeffery came strolling in about ten minutes later.  I scolded him and told him to stay in the yard while making him get in his wading pool to cool off.  It was his first adventure into the wild and it was wild.  I knew their adventure was over and mine was beginning when my wife started screaming about the dirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment