Friday, July 24, 2015

Delusions and goals

"A well-formed delusion can go a long way to aid in achieving your goals."  Who said that.  I did but I probably read something like it somewhere, sometime.

It got me thinking though.  I know a lady that told herself constantly that she would become a veterinarian some day.  She was a bit of an air head and we all have dreams and I said to myself, "Good for you lady with the nice butt".  She is now a veterinarian and I am doing the same thing I was doing back when she visioned her dreams.  Not that I am complaining about how many of my dreams were not realized yet.  I can only blame myself.

I know that in my past, any goal desired in which I drove my heart and soul toward was achieved and with quite nice results.  There have been far too few goals that I went after with the kind of zeal that was needed to succeed.  I have acquaintances that still just seem to fall into shit and come out smelling like a rose.  I cannot believe it is intelligence that get them through it mainly because they do not have much.  It takes very little effort to make a wrong turn and falling down a rabbit hole is usually fatal.

My perception of the entire issue must be the problem.  That is where delusion comes in.  Maybe my delusions are just not framed correctly.  Maybe they believe their delusions more deeply than I believe mine.  I can be quit the skeptic and naive.  I would be a good politician.  I know a guy that can get a job doing anything from the highly technical to the mundane.  His job mowing the highway lead him to being in charge of a major labor contract for a government agency.  He was arrogant and a giant tool.  His delusion was that he was something special and he could convince everyone of it.

Some goals are never verbalized and can still be realized.  Things like raising decent children or being a person to be respected are never really talked about but in the end seem very important.  I cannot imagine anyone not having dreams of a better life for their kids when they are born.  I know the sidetracks life takes while trying to raise brainless crumb-snatchers and at times it too much to take for all people.   This again is where the delusion comes in.  I was expected to be a college graduate and a decent person.  It was my parent's dream that they somehow placed in my brain and made it my dream.

What is the difference between a dream and a delusion?  The difference is just a nuance.  Society will determine which it is in the long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment