Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Getting to the Point

I have to be careful with this blog and I have to be careful the next few days.  Why?  Well it is my attitude.  It is poor. For those that know me (or think they know me) this is not a surprise.  I noticed last week that I was a little short with the police officer that was monitoring my traffic habits when he asked me to "slow down" while going through an abandoned construction area on the week end.  I explained that I "was slowing down" and he said something about something which  I did not listen to.  At that point, every ounce in my body wanted to tell him that I did not get up this morning, drive in to work at three AM to actively give a shit whether he thought I was slowing down fast enough.  It did not help that he was wearing John Lennon style glasses and had an orange face like a pumpkin without a tan.  I am fairly sure that someone who violates lifestyle dress codes as he did is not going to cut me much slack if I insult him. 

One of the other reasons I have to be careful with this blog is because if it is true that companies screen employee web info, I most likely will offend my employer and I need to work for a while longer so I can pay off my house before they put the lid on my coffin.  It will be about the same time as I figure it.  I told my family that if the city or anyone takes my dead body away then they own it and they pay for burial.  I am not.  No final expense life insurance here.  Nope, Nada, Zip, Huey.  I have worked for good companies and bad companies.  The simple difference is that good companies value their employees and bad companies say that their employees are valuable assets. They mean that employees are the most expensive part of the operation and are on the debit side of the equation.  Bad companies, in spite of efforts and expenditures are poorly organized and misdirected.

A third reason I have to be careful is that I am like snowball rolling down a hill and my verbal outbursts will get me in trouble.  I can tell I am rolling and it is possible I could open my mouth and let an unfortunate criticism escape.  People do not understand my criticism.  I have ill will for almost no people on this earth so do not take what I say all that seriously.  There is that fathead at the baseball field but my dislike for him is more for a type of person that he exemplifies than for him.  There are "children" in general.  Now, I love my children and I love my grandchildren but I like the idea of children as an entity less and less and see no good reason for them at all.  If I want to be aggravated by animals that make messes and leave waste all over the place, suck up loose change like a vacuum cleaner, do absolutely nothing and live way past the time they are cute then I will get a fucking horse.  I can make this statement because my wife has horses.  We actually let other unbalanced people keep their horses on our property for rent which they assume is optional.   "I am going to be a little short this month so I can only pay you a percentage of what we agreed to."   Go tell that to Napoleon.  I am rolling faster.

OK, the point is this.  In a world where really everyone is just trying to get through the moment, the hour or the day without screwing up too badly or sinning too boldly, why don't people take the most direct path, the simplest route or the most effective solution to reach that end.  Why must we have mountains of paperwork and red tape that substitutes for safe working environments.  Why must we ignore love and peace accepting  violence and wars instead.  I recently went on a vacation and really enjoyed it.  I did not wear a life preserver, I did not have to deal with any children, I broke a few rules and minor laws but started no wars.  I slept when I was tired and just to prove a point, I slept when I was not tired.  I did not avoid any conversations or awkward situations. I was the quintessential me for three days.  I need a break.






No comments:

Post a Comment