Wednesday, May 8, 2019

The night they drove old Dixie down

This was recorded originally by The Band, and written by Robertson and the boys.  Joan Baez made a name for everyone recording it in 1971.  The original by the Band was very aggressive and  southern.   

I like the part about Robert E. Lee, a person I have immense respect for as a soldier and a person, both were exemplary.   The Band is sort of mysterious to me musically and ethosly.  I have read about the pink house and Dylan, I guess I am too young.  Baez the same except I alwas and still consider her a babe.

My best friend growing up and probably still, (never have as close a friend as when you were 12, paraphrased from Steven King novelette)  he was from Delaware so I always listened when I heard something about the Great general. 


No comments:

Post a Comment