Thursday, March 24, 2016

March Madness First Week

Our family and friends always have a March Madness bracket tournament that is fun and dull all at the same time.  As the games progress my brother keeps track of the scores and his pointing schedules.  They are a mishmash of ratings of the teams and probabilities of winners.  He loves numbers and probabilities yet knows very little about quantum mechanics and how much he pisses me off with his Spockical logic.

His Email today:  
Here are the point totals (along with how many of today’s games the person can win, followed by any upset picks today):
 
Mike      490  5 Iowa, Wisc.
Kevin     489  6 No. Iowa
Russell  481  7 -
Scott      474  5 -
Gloria    472  6 Hawaii, S.F. Austin
Austin   441  6 N. Iowa, Wisc.
Matt      423  6 Ore. St., Wisc.
Ashley   411  7 –
Mark      401  6 No. Iowa
Ed            392  6 –
Brett      389  6 –
Kelly      381  6 Hawaii
Erika      370  5 –
Ryan    <350  6-
Paul     <350  5 Wisc.
 
Great contest with five people within 18 points of the lead!

I had to reply to his status after the first week of games.


Every year it goes UN-recognized or highlighted that Mike is always near the top until the end where he sucks it.  I am not saying that he spends hours "making the rules that only he truly understands" but as with all good loyal republicans, the house of cards collapses in fine fashion with a hollow, what was I thinking sound.  I have no false hope because I refuse to support in any way and hate Kansas, Kentucky, NC, Duke, Miami and if San Luis Obispo was in there I would hate them.  I forgot where I was going with this.  Notice he could have said six people withing 68 points of the lead but NOOOOOOOOOOO. 

The Sweet Sixteen starts today.   This format is the best format for a sporting event in the world today.  It is really enthralling.


PS     Russel will probably win.  He is kind of obnoxious when he wins, like at the Easter Egg Hunts we used to have at Mom's house but forgiving youth is what older, wiser and more humble people do.

PSS   yes I know that 490 minus 423 is 67 but I never could express myself well with prime numbers so I just do not deal with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment